Rainbow Six spawned from Tom Clancy’s novel with the same name. From the novel, Rainbow is an international counter terrorist unit comprised of elite personnel from the participating NATO countries law enforcement agencies. Allied governments would call upon Rainbow’s aide when faced with dire terrorist situations.
As a Rainbow Six operator, you are thrown into high intensity situations where you must use your expertise, your equipment and the rest of your team to gain a tactical advantage that allows you to overcome unmeasurable odds.
In Rainbow Six: Siege, tactical shooter game play has evolved to new heights as how you use the environment is as vital to your teams success as any other factor. Understanding the types of building materials and how they respond to damage opens the doors for unlimited creativity in creating a tactical advantage.
Over the course of this Rainbow Six Basic Training series, we will:
- Explore the history of Rainbow Six
- Explain the various encounters and objectives you will face in Rainbow Six Siege
- Define the purpose of a counter terrorist unit
- Evaluate how operators build renown
- Introduce you to your fellow Rainbow Six operators
- Educate you on the standard issue gear available to you
- Review the types of environments we most often respond to
- Identify the importance of your Rainbow Clearance Level
- In the spirit of keeping things light hearted, define some operator combat challenges
- Finally we will present you with a Rainbow Six glossary cheatsheet should you
After you have successfully completed basic training, you can choose to advance your skills as a Siege operator by reviewing the Rainbow Six Bootcamp Advanced Training content.